One More Reason I Adore Tommy Kane

by Susan Henderson on October 9, 2007

Like I needed another reason….

Look what I got in the mail the other day! It totally made me cry.

I’m the world’s worst photographer, and I managed to make this beautiful drawing look fuzzy and washed out, but you get the idea. I’m actually thrilled the print made it in one piece because all the mail carriers are terrified of my dobie, who is a sweetheart, but does like to bite pieces of the fence off when they come around, and so this was just kind of pitched into the yard.

I just got it back from the frame shop, and it’s going in a very prominent spot in my office.

You should go visit Tommy Kane and tell him he’s wonderful.

This is Tommy’s web site.

And Tommy’s blog. (My internet crack.)

And Tommy’s MySpace page.

Did I mention I adore him? I really do.

Okay, see everyone at midnight for the first ever edition of Writers Sing!

Lizzy October 9, 2007 at 8:52 pm

I love dobies!! I used to have one, but we had to send her away because she bit somebody. (In our defense, may I add.) And then we got another one, but we had to get her put down. :( But I still love them.

Nathalie October 10, 2007 at 3:13 am

He’s good.
(And that drawing is ever so funny. The animals look like they’ve been just jinxed and still not sure about how to take it)

Susan Henderson October 10, 2007 at 8:56 am

Lizzy – We actually freaked out when we got our dobie because we thought he was just a sleepy little mutt, and as he started growing, the vet told us what we had and that we might have a problem on our hands. We considered giving him up, and I’m so glad we didn’t because he’s the mushiest, most loyal little guy. (Little compared to our greyhound.)

Nathalie – I love that drawing because you can’t help but see a story in it.

Aurelio O'Brien October 10, 2007 at 12:00 pm

Go Tommy! That’s beautiful.

Susan Henderson October 11, 2007 at 6:57 pm

Aurelio – Isn’t he, I mean it, beautiful?

Jill October 12, 2007 at 1:18 pm

Thanks for sharing. The drawing makes me wonder what will happen next.

Susan Henderson October 12, 2007 at 10:52 pm

Jill – Thanks for visiting! And now I’m wondering what will happen next in that picture, too!