Weekly Wrap: This Is Not Actually Copping Out

by Susan Henderson on February 22, 2008

Now, don’t get mad at me, but there’s no weekly wrap. The answer to this week’s question is pretty much the story of my novel, which I need to focus on today.

Thank you to this week’s guest, Oronte Churm, otherwise known as John Griswold; to everyone who offered up prizes for The Little Truths Writing Contest: Inside Higher Ed, McSweeney’s, featherproof books, and Les Chauds Lapins; to Steve Davenport for judging the contest; to all the folks who played here this week; and finally, to everyone who linked to LitPark: McSweeney’s, Masters of Miscellany, In The Life Of, Doreen Orion, Lily White Intentions, 52 Projects, Smile Politely, The Publishing Spot, The Split Infinitive, Lally Andreevna, The World’s Fair, Practicing Writing, FACE Talk, and The Education of Oronte Churm. I appreciate those links!

See you Monday for a new question of the week.

Aurelio February 22, 2008 at 10:03 am

I’m not mad at you but I do feel shamed. I should be writing and here I am goofing off on the internet.

jodyreale February 22, 2008 at 11:46 am

It could be worse; you could be buying stuff on eBay, like *cough* some person I know.

Carolyn_Burns_Bass February 22, 2008 at 12:43 pm

Me, too. I couldn’t get into the park for several days and I missed all of the Little Truth gems as they posted. Now I’m way behind with the flurry of work I have until 1 p.m. to accomplish before heading out for another over-nighter. But each post in the Little Truths contest thread has been worth it. Bravo to the park lits.

So after reading all of the Little Truths at once, I’m amazed at the power a talented writer can pack into 75 words. Perhaps McSweeney’s could use this as a launch for a Little Truths book similar to Smith Mag’s 6-word memoirs.

Nathalie February 22, 2008 at 1:11 pm

Don’t you worry! Get working.

SusanHenderson February 22, 2008 at 3:05 pm

I guess, like *cough* some person I know who really should be working right now, you could be reading through the archives of Joel Stein columns.

lance_reynald February 22, 2008 at 9:01 pm

get back in that cave before I put a hurtin on you!

if for no reason other than we do eventually need a bit of leisure time for whiskey sipping and jokes about how easy our edits are.

xo.

Aurelio February 23, 2008 at 9:47 am

And *cough* why are YOU here, young man? Don’t You have work on your desk too? 😉

Kimberly February 23, 2008 at 10:02 pm

*cough*

(no judgments, just doing a little Spring cleaning…)