LitPark's Weird Day

by Susan Henderson on July 18, 2008

This is Mr. Henderson, dressed up for the Batman premier last night. He still can’t get the eyeliner off.

litpark batman mr. henderson joker makeup

He ducked out of the way of the news cameras, but this crazy guy in the purple suit (also here) is the guitarist in his band.

Had a very weird day, and I can’t even write about it, except to say it was long and involved maybe 40 phone calls and had a happy ending.

Anyway, since I feel like blogging about something, just to de-stress, how about I share some good news?

kenny finally got a song published, whee!

Some friends have a new album that’s just out. But this one is particularly special because, if you turn to the lyrics of song #11, you will see that my very good friend, Kenny

kenny finally got a song published, whee!

… the heart and soul of my soccer team, is listed there as the songwriter. (Proud of you.)

Aurelio July 19, 2008 at 1:56 pm

So, do we now call Mr. H, “Green Hair” ? (It fits… he’s the father of Green Hand, after all.) 😉

SusanHenderson July 19, 2008 at 5:07 pm

Good idea!

I’m not sure what I did that accidentally erased all the comments, but I’m sorry about that, and thanks for coming back to leave another note.

Laura_Benedict July 19, 2008 at 9:52 pm

Happy endings AND an evening with the guy in the awesome eyeliner? Lucky you!

Hope you’re having a magical summer–xo

Aurelio July 20, 2008 at 11:36 am

That’s okay. I wonder if there’s a vast file somewhere that keeps all the lost internet posts. Like limbo. Or maybe they were swept up by the NSA for my file, and now they know that I like weird days and happy endings.

Or… maybe they were abducted by space aliens who are busy deciphering them. (I wouldn’t think these particular posts were that interesting, but cows are boring too, and they seem to have a thing for those.)

Ric July 21, 2008 at 9:02 am

My three sons, all of whom stood in line for hours at the IMAX, agreed Mr. Henderson’s makeup is way better than any they had seen.

Nathalie July 21, 2008 at 9:05 am

Wow! An impromptu blog entry!
Just when I was about to complain that waiting for a month until the next cycle was way too log and suggest than do the whole thing in one week, you ‘d do it over three.

Great make-up…
And happy endings! You’ll need to tell that story.

SusanHenderson July 22, 2008 at 1:14 pm

I’ll stop in and comment as soon as I’m free. Have lots of kids in my house these days, and I’m working like mad on my book edits, and I have to get to the NPR station and record my bits for the new radio show. Thanks all of you who stopped by. I’ll be up for air in a day or two.

SusanHenderson July 25, 2008 at 10:54 am

Missed you, Laura!

SusanHenderson July 25, 2008 at 10:55 am

Aww, what a great compliment. Thanks, Ric!

SusanHenderson July 25, 2008 at 10:56 am

I wish I could tell the story. Alas…

I’m not quite used to the monthly schedule either, but I’m getting a lot more work done.

SusanHenderson July 25, 2008 at 11:01 am

I found my second wind on these last book edits, so I’m going to be cranking away at them and not too available for a while. It’s all good.

LitPark will be back the first Monday in August, and I’ll tell you how my NPR taping went. Tonight, my kids are opening for the School of Rock All-Stars. They were given one week to learn The Ocean (Led Zep), Hotel California (Eagles), Crazy Train (Ozzy), and some other stuff. We’ll see how it goes. It’s all character-building, right?

SusanHenderson July 25, 2008 at 2:30 pm
Ric July 25, 2008 at 10:15 pm

Aw, bummer. Randy’s last lecture was one of the literary highlights of my summer. Really great stuff.